Tuesday, March 29, 2005

midnight tremors


if i were still in japan like during my study years, the shake last night wouldn't be as frightful.

but in s'pore, tremors like that did make mind wonders. well, at least mine did.

i was reading on bed before sleep when i felt my body swaying from side to side. funny coz my first thought was, gosh, it must be my heart beating extra-strong till my whole body moves (which is stupid, but hey, it was midnight and my brain was about to shut off)...

then i noticed the hanged clothes swaying too, i thought it must be the wind, but no, the windows was closed. i went outside the bedroom, and the fan was shaking too. oh god, i thought the building must be collapsing or sth.

so i grabbed my wallet and handphone and headed out. the nice lady next-next door also went out at the moment, and she was like 'did you feel the shaking??'. confirmed, i was not hallucinating.

few other neighbours from the next block went out and kind of looked around too. so must not be my building problem then. that's a relief. i was beginning to look around deciding what to do if the building strated collapsing.

ok one by one stunned ppl locking themselves back in, so i followed suit. ok the fan stopped shaking. my housemate in next bedroom was still talking in the phone like nothing happened. switched on tv to see if there was any news about this but didn't seem any so i returned to bed. the clock striked 12.28am.

it turned out this morning that the tremors was due to 8.7 richter scale earthquake offshore of sumatra island, causing panic all the way to malaysia, thailand, and of course, singapore.

what a night!


...ed

No comments: