Thursday, September 25, 2008

the eggs fanclub


the other day i watched malaysian opposition's MP teresa kok's interview on tv after she had just been released from that draconian internal security act (ISA) body that has power to detain people without trials (read: without no apparent reason).

she said she was given a rice, 2 boiled eggs and a cucumber to eat while in prison, which she then added, just (a little bit better than) like a dog's food.

in a normal world, that's a normal no-harm neutral statement. because let's face it, prison food sucks. i won't expect people to eat buffet there. so when people ask if you liked it, then you say no, the food sucks.

full stop.

but apparently teresa kok is about to get sued because she spoke ill of the eggs. normal boiled eggs, not even some cute humpty dumpty or anything.

because those retarded people said eggs are poor people's food. so when she said boiled eggs menu in prison sucks, she must have meant poor people's food is not fit for human consumption.

meaning, she's insulting the poor people.

i mean, just how ridiculous is that?

ok so i don't like that smelly tofu dish. i say, i think the smell is like garbage, make me wanna puke. will you get angry with me because then i'm being disrespectful to the chinese people who eats it? will you sue me in court and demand millions of dollars in compensation?

i can understand if those people that complained are from some global egg organization that spend their entire life taking care of egg's human rights, no, egg's food right, but that is so unlikely.

or maybe because people are just angry she mentioned eggs are dog's food. apparently you are a dog's class if you eat the same food as the dog. my grandfather feeds his chicken rice in the village, so i expect i'm a chicken class now.

i'm just relieved nobody has find out yet if our prophet ate eggs so they can start accuse her of insulting the religion.

seriously, this kind of news made it to the pro-government's mainstream media. what does it tell you about the mentality of the people in that business? or even in this country that made it like it's such a big deal?

i rest my case.



...ed

1 comment:

suzura said...

well, I guess its a classic case of sensationalizing/spicing up stories to sell papers and blur the people's views from the actual problem?

people will always be people.

If I am Theressa, I would just stay silent when people/journalists asks petty questions about treatment one received when I was being held in jail.
I would talk only about finding out the real reason as to why I had to go through all these ordeals, which is the real reason why people/journalists flocked to her side in the first place.

people loves gossip. even we do.
they add and add nonsense,play up the whole story, twist and turn evry bit of it, until a plain story/statement was blown out completely out of proportion.

Remember how Pak Lah tackles Tun M's accusations with complete silence?
That was also what my mom advised me when I told her that some of my classmates were making fun of me at school.
Maybe, there is a thing or two to learn from that.