Saturday, April 19, 2008

devil wouldn't recognize me



i'm not in the best of mood. i wish i don't have this feelings but i did. at this time, blasting kelly clarkson's 'my december' could be very soothing indeed.

it's stupid really. i got all these signs which led me to think in some direction, when i was hoping for the other. worse, people seemed oblivious about it.

maybe it was my fault too. i put myself in the middle of the road, and blamed anyone who hit me. i mean, i wasn't really content in the first place. i guess i just wanted the thrill or something, or be in control.

i should really just go and live under the bridge.

my friday didn't start as good as well. first, i woke up at 3am from stomach pain. i kept on thinking, was it something i ate? i had bread and eggs at home for dinner. maybe the pan was not clean or something.

it wasn't until about 4am that i fall asleep again, to only open my eyes again at 8am! so i was officially late for work.

then some stupid multiple cars piled-up accidents had to happen when i was already rushing. it had to happen too just before my PIE exit so i had to inch through all the way from the east. the normal 15 minutes drive today took almost an hour.

in the office i found out people has been looking for me, the project lead, my boss etc. u know, from the start of this year till today, i had never been late for work and nobody find me that early in the morning. so why today?

what a bummer.

we had lunch at at plaza singapura teppanyaki so the day turned a bit brighter. i love friday lunch because normally this day we go somewhere far and return late. our rule is, anywhere more than 100 metres away from the office, so normally we ended up in plaza singapura or clarke quay the central.

apparently the teppanyaki is part of sakae sushi. i didn't know that. we sat on this table where the cook prepared the dishes in front of us, so it was a bit hot. i was even worried that the oil stained my new white t-shirt.

the food was kinda not big a deal too because all the cook seemed to use was oil, salt, soy sauce and pepper. no brainer.

the day was still busy in the afternoon at work. luckily we got the result we wanted from the lab, so i managed to summed the data up and sent it off to those relevant parties in the US. by 6pm i dashed off the orchard.

normally we struggled to find a place to go every friday night because let's face it, after years living on this tiny island, you kinda go round and round to the same place. it would be bugis, circuit road, holland V, serangoon garden, orchard, vivo city, novena then bugis again and so we go on in circle.

but this time i had my intention clear. i wanted to go paragon to try the soup spoon. someone had it so i just had to know what the fuss was all about. after all, the menu looked interesting. plus, there's a branch of celio there too which i wanted to check out.


i'm not so much of a soup person but i ordered the pumpkin soup anyway, in the bread basket. i was eyeing the beef wasabi wrap actually but my friend is a buddhist so i figured it would be rude to order that. he still teased me for ordering tomyam mee at secret recipe few years back so i was not gonna order something totally out of the main menu.



the food was ok, the bread was pretty nice actually but it was too much carbo for me for one night. the drink was a total miss though. i ordered macchiato because when i was in the states, i loved starbuck's marble mocha macchiato. i would drive in the drive-through on the way to work and the friendly counter lady would be like, 'your normal drink, sir?'.

but in singapore, macchiato is a small cup with thick coffee. it's just like expresso. in fact, i don't even know what's the difference. it was like gulping medicine so i kinda finished my cup in few quick gulps then just shared my friend's ice lemon tea.

there was not much thing to do in orchard as always. the air was all warm outside so we kept strolling inside the building. we stopped by GNC and Nature's Farm because it was my birthday month, so I could get 35% off their products.

so I stocked up some supplements, which totalled up to about $150. think about it, quite a lot huh. but hey.. if i don't take care of my body, what if i need constant medical attention in the future? that would cost a bomb surely.

i reached home at about 11pm. opened up my pc messenger but there was nobody around to buzz. hmmm.. i guess they were all busy partying outside right about now, having time of their life and i'm already home before midnight like some big loser.

i so gonna take out my 3-eyed spear and grow out horns and pointed tails. things gonna get so red this weekend, and if i was being frank, it had kinda did.






...ed

No comments: