Thursday, May 01, 2008

C-R-U-I-S-E control


it's Labour Day today, so i'm off work. whilst celebrating economic and social achievements of the workers, whom should include myself, i'm glad i could wake up late too this morning after staying up past 2 last night.

i was at robinson's sale till late yesterday. i got a couple of vouchers, so i thought i'd check the sale out even though my friend already warned me about the crowd. man was she right. i took 30 minutes in the queue just to get to the cashier.

i bought myself a bedsheet, quilt and cover from balmain paris which had 30% off, plus another 20% off group discount since i am a robinson member (it was a long story). still, it ended up a good $200++ just for some bedsheets.

which was a bit pain in the ass, if you asked me. well, i've never had quilt on my bed before. after all i'm gonna sleep on it everynight, although now i'm not too sure about the brown ensemble that i chose for my blue bedroom.

sometimes i think i'm just prone to making bad instantaneous decisions, just like this. really. like when i chose to go home instead of staying outside hanging out and score in early part of the night just because i felt i was slightly out of my comfort zone.

i mean, what was that about?

you know, sometimes i wish we could abandon all those social integrities and all craps like that and just follow our inner instinct. like when we have to make decicion, we should just do what we want. full stop. you know, rather than thinking about the consequences it could incur in that split seconds.

not only instantaneous decisions, i made bad life judgements too. like how i ended up doing engineering in the first place when my interests were clearly in biology and chemistry fields. worse, deeper i went into this wrong till now i ended up doing semiconductor engineering.

being in this industry made me feel as if i'm on a sunken ship. or at least the ship that sail into eternity with zero assurance we would ever see dry land. every now and then, people took chances and jumped off the ship, leaving me looking at them enviously.

seriously, i really need to get out of this career mess. serious with a capital s. i've updated my online resume and actively buying saturday newspaper, although i still don't have any idea what else i could contribute in this work circle.

8 years into this business, and i still have the feeling that i was just fibbing my way through the promotion ladder. i mean, i'm not even technically savvy and all that. i seriously doubt i have any talent whatsoever to easily land me my second career.

gosh this is depressing. when i look at it, everything around me is a failure too. the house loan i'm taking right now sky-rocketed in the 3rd year to 5.25% interest when the average outside interest is about 3.5%. i mean, how on earth could this have happened?

ok ok don't panic. let's just put things into perspective.

first, i need to select a good plan for that house loan refinance. UOB quoted 2.8% per annum fixed 3 years interest, and OCBC already counter-offered 2.75%. I think I'm gonna take OCBC, so I better start preparing all the documents.

ok check.

about work, well i just have to keep browsing, don't i? probably look at the possibility of embracing a bit of paycut too to venture into another industry. the other day, my friend mentioned about doing logistic. hmmm.. i don't have any idea what that is but it sounds cool. maybe i should check out DHL.

foot note. check out DHL.

for my bed linen ensemble, i guess i have to be colour blind for awhile until i come across another sale rip-off. brown just look totally out of place at the moment. it's not even the same brown shade as my cupboards and floors. or maybe i just have to get used to it.

foot note. wait a few more days and decide.

what else. oh and i must remember to be bolder in every possible situations. everytime when people ask, always say yes no matter what it is. how hard can it be? i could introduce myself and offer to strip in the same sentence. no big deal.

best chance to do that, is during my vacation starting this saturday. i'm so excited. i'm going to sabah to climb mount kinabalu as well as island hopping, plus a night stay in brunei.

where i could forget about work, my home loan, and where hopefully the bed is not brown.



...ed

1 comment:

Bangla Tambak Johor said...

O.M.G !!,
Youa ctually likes Bio & Chem..??
perghhh..ironic.
I took Bio Chem and now doing something else..life is not a simple straight line right?heh.