Sunday, July 29, 2007

a weekend of titanium wonders


gosh i feel bloated. at least it makes me sit down and write instead of lying down on the bed like what i always do whenever i'm at home. seriously, it's as good as if i hang my spinal cords outside the main entrance, i just get horizontal all the time and slack in between these walls.

bless that ocbc titanium card. i signed up for the credit card while i was in nissan showroom a month back and just got this whole bunch of discount vouchers. a lot. from dining to travel to spa treatment, you name it. they must have really wanted people to sign up for this thing.

except most of them expire on july 31st, so i have less than a week to take advantage of them.

which to think about it, it's kind of evil.

still, i managed to drag my friends to sushi-don restaurant near rendezvous hotel just now for dinner to use one of the voucher. we spent $78 and only paid for $48, which was a good deal. at least i managed to fulfill my craving for salmon belly sushi.

ever since i shopped at tampines giants, and bought the salmon belly sushi there, i was hooked. ok addicted more like. it has this sweet creamy taste with soft texture that almost melts in your mouth. i'm not kidding.

i believe some things are just meant to be eaten raw. i mean, that was how our first ancestors ate their food, weren't they? you know, before they discovered fire. and they still managed to evolve and everything.

for one, they didn't get any summons which probably why these days we hardly evolve any more.

we are just stressed nowadays. and we swear a lot. i know at least i do. i went to newton circus hawker center on friday night after work and found out this notice of parking offence being slipped underneath my wiper when i got back to my car.

damn. that was my second time. getting fined i mean.

the only consolation perhaps is that i feel like i've joined the experienced drivers club that pay summonses and fines all the time. in fact, i bet i can always let slipped during those empty talks session with my friends, like, 'oh i must remember to pay my parking fines today'. it gives me this whole bad boy vibe among them.

which is what i so hope my fellow condo mates have realized about me by now. i mean, to ask me to become one of the 9 condo committee members during the annual general meeting is a bit too far-fetched, don't you think? especially after they've seen me for like just 20 seconds.

i was like, 'ok maybe i'll consider'. it was my first time attending this meeting since i moved here 2 years ago, so forgive me for being a bit blur. after all, i was just being polite.

how could i know later, that last year's committee got scrutinized for every little things that they put down in the presentation? i mean, let's just let those people who compared 2006 and 2007 annual reports figures to handle the whole thing, shall we? i really don't feel like volunteering to paint red dot on my chest and write 'shoot here'.

so i left in the middle of the meeting. i just chickened out. i expect when they wanted to call me to give a bit of introduction about myself before opening the voting session, they must be puzzled why i was not there.

good work adie. one of the best.

well, it's not like i have any chance to properly pull out anyway. i might never even see these people again, nor have we braided each other's hair before so it's not like we're gonna miss each other.

although i might really have to think of braiding those that really matters to me. ok i might not need those committe members right now, not directly anyway, but when i wanted to add air pressure for my car tyres just now, i realized i needed my fellow latio friends.

this might be a bit embarassing but i never know how to add tyre's air pressure before. when i asked one of the shell attendant to help, he asked me what pressure value i wanted to put in, and i was like, what?

last time when i used to cycle, i could always press the tyres with my hand to see if it had enough air in it but i guess it's a bit more complicated with cars.

i'm not ignorant you know. at least to what it matters. when people asked me how much is my fuel consumption, like how many kilometers i run with each petrol fill i said i have no idea. i really don't. i mean, we still have to fill the petrol anyway inspite of what the data shows, don't we?

ok maybe later when i decide to change to another car and need to compare but that's like a thousand light years away.

i might as well free my mind off those question marks and read my harry potter and the deathly hallows. i've completed once and now reading for the second.

i'm not a harry potter freak ok. i just like the series in a normal amount. it's like a journey, when you have reached the target destination in a hurry and now merely repeating the same route while appreciating the side scenery that you've missed the first time.

the best thing is, i can even do this in my horizontal mode.



...ed

No comments: