Tuesday, January 30, 2007

this is not a love song

i know i'm in trouble when i started thinking before typing sms, and in deep shit when i checked my sent items to see if my messages were appropriate.

duh.

i guess situation just caught me at the right place at the right time. or could be the wrong place at the wrong time.. depending on the outcome.

anyway, the trick is, is to just go with the flow. as long as i don't have the urge to hang anyone on the verge of their holy eve, i'm fine.

plus, i read my chinese horoscope for year 2007 which has been circulating around, just out of interest of course, and i must say it's pleasant. ok that's an understatement, i actually almost got diabetes from reading all the sweet fortunes coming my way.

it says work will be a blast for me this year, so i expect if i yell at my boss tomorrow, i'll still get promoted by mid-year. apparently things can never go wrong for me in april too, which means even if i murder those ppl that will try throwing me into the pool during my birthday bash this year, i will get away just fine.

among the highlights also, a good love life. so you see i've got nothing to fret about.

loosely speaking of course. for all i know, the pig year comes, and half of them will end up becoming bak kwa, or bak kut teh or char siew. the year won't last forever anyway, so i just decided to sign up for this life insurans policies today. after half a decade being in total ignorance, i think it's only right to plan some back-ups for my future, you know, in case something unfortunate crops up.

i'm never good at these insurans thingy. the agent could carve the figures and benefits on my forehead, and i'd still be asking for them when we meet next time. i expect she already put the word 'durr-brain' in brackets beside my name in her file for easy identification in the future.

well at least when it comes to bowling, i'm not such a total blur. i guess that's why few days ago my big boss asked me to include him in my team, if i had decided to join this inter company bowling league starting in march. i mean, if in star wars he's like the emperor, and he'll be at my mercy in the alley. how cool is that?

plus, what an effective and convenient way to stab your friends in the back by making cleverly concealed discreet destructive comments about them in between those innocent throws.

so i've formed a team. suggested couple of cool names for the team, like 'tenth frames turkey' or TFT (which could be thin film tansistor as well that sounds a bit like work, which i like), but majority prefers 'gloBowl warming', whatever that means.

however, before i even registered, i already lost one of our team mates because he was offered to go for work attachment to our HQ in idaho, USA. for which i was a bit pissed off.

not that i'm jealous or anything, i've been for the attachment myself last year. just that, it felt so much better when i was there in the states and they were all back here in singapore. ok i'm being selfish. this makes it 3 of our kaki going or already now in the far west of the globe. having fun i supposed,.. in the stupid fake beach volleyball court behind the company building,.. spending stupid company money.

i should check my horoscope again to see if there's anything in there about sabotaging...



...ed

No comments: