Friday, April 09, 2010

maroon box in meeting room


we had team building meeting yesterday in the company. at time like this, i just love this meeting, simply because..

1) i have nothing else better to do
2) no bosses in the meeting
3) we could talk about fun stuff, like where are good eating places in singapore.

no pressure at all, and also actually related to our everyday lives. i mean, who cares how many memory chips passing our test flow, right?

plus, yesterday when i entered the meeting room, i saw this maroon bengawan solo cake box on the table in the middle of the room.

it was a birthday cake! i was already hungry having been to office cafeteria but couldn't find anything edible to eat at tea break time just shortly before.

even better?

the cake was actually for me!

ok, me and this one other guy but still, it was for us!

you see, my birthday was just on last saturday on april 3. however, i was in a train somewhere in remote thai region when the clock striked 12, at thailand nongkhai and laos border when i woke up in the morning, at laos vientiane in the afternoon and luang prabang by sunset.

so i could barely know my barring, let alone to sit down and celebrate my own birthday.

in fact, the first person who wished me happy birthday in person, was lao immigration lady at the friendship bridge.

which is still cool for me. i mean, how many of you being wished happy birthday by a lao immigration lady before?

exactly.

so even with a bengawan solo cake that i was only entitled to 50% of it, i am still happy. hey, that might be, ok most probably be the ONLY cake i will have for me this year.

ok there weren't any singing and candle blowing, but that's ok. my wishes never came true anyway so why bother make any? somehow i always end up with the bad part of the probability. the queue line i choose is always the slowest, it always rain when i want it sunny and i'm never getting promoted.

most of the time now, i don't even have any preference anymore. i want to just lay on bed and close my eyes.

so tell me what else to be upbeat about a birthday? for all i know, the cake is the best thing that could ever happen. trust me.

that, and the team building meeting.



...ed

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I am very enjoyed for this blog. Its an informative topic. It help me very much to solve some problems. Its opportunity are so fantastic and working style so speedy.http://www.ukessaywritingservice.com/
I think it may be help all of you. Thanks a lot for enjoying this beauty blog with me. I am appreciating it very much! Looking forward to another great blog. Good luck to the author! all the best!))

شركة المثالي سوبر said...

شركة رش مبيدات بالقطيف 0541706873 مكافحة جميع الحشرات

شركة رش مبيدات بالظهران 0541706873 ابادة الحشرات بضمان