Friday, January 16, 2009

thar she blows...


After lunch just now, my friend asked us where to buy a kite.

A kite!

I never thought of buying kite. ever. I mean, kite for me is those stuff the teacher made you do in primary school classroom.

Apparently not only me, even my other friends were dumbstrucked when we were asked that question. Where can we buy kite in singapore? One of us even wondered, do they sell kite in toy's r us?

In the end we found it in one of the variety shop in front of our company little shopping street. Wow, I never know. Probably because on my free time lately, instead of going out enjoying the recent strong wind flying kite, I has been staying indoor playing with my xbox 360.

Seriously, the wind is so strong recently. Last Monday when we played tennis, our balls made tricky spins as if we were roger federer and rafael nadal. They even have an article today in the news about the recent windy trend.

"Some feathers have certainly been ruffled by the winds in Singapore this week. In a country where the average wind speed is around 15 to 20 kilometres per hour, it has reached the time of the year when that figure goes up to 30 to 40 kmh.

Yesterday and on Wednesday, when this newspaper checked the National Environment Agency’s website, which lists a range of forecasts such as fair, cloudy and rain, there was only one outlook for all five districts and 45 town areas — windy."


So you see, maybe it's time to fly kite. Or for us engineers, to fly it with bunch of keys when the wind become a storm with lightnings. That would be fun. No wonder people long time ago was able to get all those interesting findings. They worked in such a fun environment.

Today at work, i spent the morning reading some analysis data done by my fellow team mate, and I just realized how I loved reading those technical stuff and tried to understand them. It was fun you know, like trying to solve clues in order to get to the final findings. In a way, it feels a bit like a perfect job for me.

Except, the analysis data is not for my device, and that team mate is not really my team mate. No longer anyway. Well, I used to be in the same team until I decided to leave and then found it impossible to get back in. So currently I'm just working on this matured, old technology device that nobody cares about.

Seriously, I don't know what am I doing. I couldn't even bring myself to look at the architecture because I don't feel the excitement. I bet benjamin franklin wouldn't be so intrigued if he were to be forced to find a vaccin for ebola instead in the lab, and just peeked at some other people flying kites outside the window.

In a way, I am like a soldier being trained for a land battle, and when the war finally comes, I am suddenly posted to the airforce department and have to start from learning how to fly the jet fighter. my land combat skills that I've learned in those years go down the drain.

Now tell me, will we win the war that way?

No wonder the company stocks go down faster than the world oil price. But hey, I'm not complaining. What do I know? I'm the worst decision maker in the world anyway.

If I were not, I would have bought the kite just now.



…ed

No comments: