Saturday, November 01, 2008

black and white halloween


it's saturday noon and i'm at the office.

this is so not normal for me. in fact this is the kind of weird stuff people could say you did before you got into some fatal disaster. or if in court, this could so become the kind of behaviour that raises suspicion and spells guilty all over the place among the juries.

there was this tiny lil' work that i had to do this morning. it was not that bad actually, i didn't feel particularly crushed having to do so. i even thought i should do this more often if that what it takes to show my boss that i'm all content and dedicated.

even though since last tuesday night, this does not matter anymore

that brings me to the point i've been pondering about over the last few days. remember the work offer that i got on tuesday night? i never saw any follow up on that yet, no black and white or even coloured details, no papers to sign, no nothing, nada and it's been what?.... 96 hrs.

gosh is it time for me to freak out yet?

when i asked, my soon-to-be-boss said he expects me to be there by end december. which is just nice because i heard there will be a massive forced vacation / plant shutdown for my current office from christmas until the new year. even if i have to pick up toys from the north pole factory and distribute it through the chimneys all over the world, i should be able to just about make it.

the problem is, without black and white transfer details, i must consistently pinch and convince myself that this is not a mere dream. i had a conversation with my favourite property agent yesterday and he suggested that i rent my house instead of selling. he said the property price is lower now and expected to pick up in 2,3 years time when singapore's integrated resorts are up and running. what's more, he said i could get >2000 dollars rent from my unit! woohooo!!

renting out makes sense to me too since i just refinanced my home loan last july, so i need to hold the contract for the next 3 years. but you see, i had to stop short from telling him to market my place because i don't have that damn black and white details yet.

urghh.. i don't know. it was halloween last night and i swear i felt like bitting someone's neck so badly. if i had my way, some city or some HR department is gonna be seriously bitten and haunted.

anyway, the trick and treats are all over now. i'm just gonna go home and do something that is my norm and won't raise any suspicion. which is to have a long undisturbed nap in my vampire coffin.. i mean, bed.



...ed

1 comment:

suzura said...

wow! you're tense...bite someone's head off!

I completely understands what you mean. I too am waiting for this transfer (to Krungthep, of course) for like 6 mths already. Still,nothing concrete. Only verbal promises...the japanese way of doing things.

just take things easy. no need to panic. (but keep putting on pressure. constantly and subtly)
go wind out and take a breather at, err, marina barrage, for instance.
thats if you won't be reduced to dust by sunlight, of course!