Monday, December 31, 2007

my december


it's a few more hours before new year 2008.

it's easy to get sentimental on time like this. this is the time when people reflect back on what they have done for the passing year, and plan what to do for the coming year.

as for me, the past year has been, well.. normal. i don't think of it as something significant.

ok except i bought a car in february 2007.

but other than that, everything has been stagnant. in fact, i could easily erased the whole year and it never changed my whole perception of life that i had lived.

does that sound normal? or is that bad?

i just think i'm a person who don't really plan far ahead. if people asked where i see myself in 5 years time, i don't know how to answer them.

i'm not totally ignorant though. i do the basic stuff you know, like save money for the future, take life insurans, get a house, things like that. but those are all. no plan to take over the world.

at work, i just try to get better each and every day. i learn new stuff to equipt my self with changing technologies but i don't really put a target. ok i'll try to become a principle engineer next year but that's it.

putting targets just put me in unnecessary stress. life is a journey anyway, and why should we obsess on getting to our destination when we can enjoy the ride along the way?

is this why my year had been ordinary? because i did't put target?

ok let's try to plan ahead for 2008 shall we? in 2008, i would like to

- become a principle engineer. this should be my main aim.
- learn guitar
- swim better
- have toner abs
- travel again
- contact my friends more often while keep making new ones
- do charity works
- get into stock markets
- know more about car rather than just driving and washing
- be motivated and focused enough to do all of the above

ok those are what on top of my head right now. 10-points. i shall call them my 10-commandments for 2008.

Happy New Year everyone!!



...ed

No comments: