Wednesday, May 16, 2007

good things come for boys who wait

i feel like i'm on a dry spell season.

it's one of those time when it seems like everybody around me is suddenly busy with something and i'm left in my own time zone. alone, with a phone that never beeps i had to make sure the message service is working.

have i taken too many ppl for granted during my happy hours?

i just know there must be something wrong in my system when i actually look forward to go to work tomorrow just to enjoy my colleagues' company.

i mean, that can't just be right. people should loathe their workplace.

like this 2 engineers who just quit this month. for our department, that was a bit too drastic. obviously they hated it there. one decided to divorce engineering and take business, while the other, well he quit after barely half a year, surely he won't be singing the company love song.

but the thing is, recently my outer associates were not the very best of a company, if you know what i mean. it's as if they were brainwashed or something, or have a sudden selective memory. for all i know, they could be singing that fob's 'thnks fr th mmrs' and i'm sure it's about me.

although i definitely don't mind being on the singing side of the microphone.

i think i must go out more. like detour a bit on the way back from work or something. i must stop getting home on time to catch a show or just to be online. this lots of talk and no play is making me a dull dull boy. the next time ppl buzz me up on saturday night asking why i'm not out, i better don't have to come up with lame excuses and feel like a loser.

ok that'll be my life plan. at least until my parents come to visit me end of this month.

one of my relatives, my father's cousin who lives nearby is getting married early next month and she invited my parents. my parents were like, 'oh good, we never attend a wedding in singapore before'.

the truth is, i always feel like i'm going back 10 years whenever i'm with them. emotionally i mean. they are parents, i will always have to act by the book. not that i'm so like a villain without their presence, it's like i have to wake up early in the morning, and have shower before 7 kind of things.

and the book also says you should not colour your hair. so i bought that black dye hair spray when i was in mustafa center the other day. only after that i sat down and realized, what the hell was i thinking? spray my hair black everytime after shower?

i am so screwed.

tomorrow we'll have our 7th round of bowling league match after work. as the captain, i'm proud to say that we're 4th in the standing now. although i'm a bit worried about tomorrow's game. i tried very hard to balance the strategy to win, and being political to let weaker member play at the same time.

win or lose, at least i'll not be alone with my phone that never beeps then.


...ed

No comments: