Sunday, February 18, 2007

year of the golden pig

it's chinese lunar new year today.

and i'm doing nothing. literally nothing. i got headache at back of my head because i laid down too much. i expect the veins there are having difficulty letting the blood through from being sandwiched by the head and pillows all day.

my friend called and asked me if i'm going out and i said no. well i have no one to go out with. all my chinese friends are of course busy at the moment criss-crossing the island with 2 oranges in hand visiting relatives.

hmm. i just realized how stereotype my pool of friends are, inspite of living in this multi-racial country.

i wish i have my car now. i could take it for a spin. ok maybe not a spin, i don't think i'll hit even 80km/h anytime soon. just a normal drive through and maybe practise doing parkings.

because my last refresher driving course last week was a disaster. i've written that i performed badly under inspection, but this time i got a nasty officer so it was even worse. i felt no better than a down sindrome person.

how the hell could i be on the wrong side of the road and never noticed it? seriously tell me.

and the officer was like, 'ok what's the big mistake here'? and it took me like a minute before i realized. for my defense, there wasn't any other vehicles on the road so how should i know? i could just be having deja-vu driving in US roads or something.

i did horribly at parking too. we were doing it at this almost deserted car park. it was dark, and i couldn't even see the parking lines, so i kept on crossing the parking boundaries. the officer could just let me know verbally, but no, he chose to ask both of us out of the car to inspect the lines, and gloated at my mistake.

to think i spend almost $200 for these stupid classes and all i got was lost of confidence.

anyway, i'm not gonna be overly concern about that. in movies, ppl who had not fly a plane before could be taught how to land just by a mere phone call. cars should be a lot easier, right?

this car thingy is getting more expensive than i thought. the darn COE dropped to less than half its value, which means i'm paying the car company almost $6000 more instead of locking it up in my COE. it almost never dropped that much before, and it has to be when i'm buying?

now my chinese horoscope that states a lucky year for me in 2007 sounds like a mean joke.

my kl friends will come to singapore this tuesday and they will be staying at my place until they find their own place. it's weird thinking there'll be ppl staying next to my room. i must remember to close the door when i shower and pay more attention to what i'm wearing at home.

well at least, i won't get headache from sleeping too much when they are around.


"happy chinese lunar new year"


...ed

1 comment:

Ku Man said...

Tell me about it!! That dreadful driving lessons.. I just got my licence last year. And finally got it after all these years. My practical exam was just ok. Why wouldn't it be? I practically became a freak when it came to the practice sessions. Off I went round and round in that circuit until I got everything right. But in the end, all my hard work paid off. You'll be fine.. It'll come round once you jog your memory.