Friday, April 07, 2006

birthday bash and then gone


the past months has come and go like a blink of an eye. one minute you're writing, spending life leasurely in your 20s, then suddenly you found yourself in your 30s and counting wrinkles below your eyes.

not to mention that i have wrinkles under my eyes, of course. or else, biotherm anti rides peel has lots to answer.

one main evidence is the birthday bash i had last weekend. i actually planned it to be kinda house warming cum farewell bbq party on my part (as i'll be leaving for the states to work for awhile), but eventually it became wilder at the end.

wilder as in my friends tried to trick me and throw me inside the pool. furthermore, i got the birthday cake thrown at my face too. those are not the thing ppl usually do to old ppl with wrinkles, right?

exactly.

so i had a great time then. now have to compile those home videos taken on that day and turn it into a nice memory collection. it'll be a lot easier if i have a pensieve to store my thoughts and memories a la in harry potter movies but that just showed that some dreams would be too good to come true.

then i had to prepare for my trip to idaho. that means, spending some time with CY. while the most happened with DV was just phone calls. which i was glad for, as i came to my senses not to do anything stupid.

oh and also kissing my fishes good bye, for a moment. i do hope they'll still be alive and well when i return. i have 7 now, 3 lion-head oranda, 2 fantails, 1 pearl scale, and i just added a black ryukin to make it lucky-7 (one of the oranda, truffle, died within one month in the tank).

it's weird thinking that a moment ago i was busy changing aquarium water for the last time until cy come and clean it again 2 weeks later, and now i'm about 8000km away in a foreign land.

foreign beautiful land that is. i always see housing area in the states from tv, like wisteria lane in desperate housewives, where the houses have big, well-maintained lawn, no fence separating from one another, big roads etc. now i'm actually living in such neighbourhood.

of course minus those desperate ladies. it kinda like a deja-vu, seeing a place so familiar but yet never been in one before. i'm glad i could enjoy it after receiving such a shock at portland airport clearance.

get this. i'm holding a US passport, made in 2001, with only two stamps inside - 09/09/2001, and 15/09/2001. and the fact that my middle name is 'bin' doesn't help either, i might as well wearing a turban with osama bin laden signature on it.

it was scary. i was held back by the security and my things were inspected 100%. i really meant 100%. they actually emptied my wallet, checked files inside my laptop, and inspected the contents of my thumb drive. i was just supprised they didn't check what i could potentialy hide in between my butt cheeks.

that was the first time i felt like i was a criminal. all the thing i did was being in the wrong place at the wrong time. well, i guess coincidental is not really a word to explain things nowadays.

which was why while i was dragging my legs towards the next connection flight's gate, being in a total shocked state after the long interrogation, wishing i have someone to talk to, i saw this colleague in one of the restaurant's window, eating.

i mean what are the chances? like this is all fated. i mean, what's friend when they couldn't be there when u need them most. he was in transit, which i knew beforehand, but never made plan to meet up. talking to him kinda made myself relaxed again.

though i don't know how long i will have this fobia of being interrogated. like any moments fbi or cia could crashed on my door, and swat team coming down in ropes from my ceilings.

anyway, for now, i want to just worry about how the office ppl turns out tomorrow when i meet them first time. i hope they would turn up as nice ppl, letting me come back from work on time everyday. well even if that's not gonna happen, at least i can be rest assured they won't ask me questions like which street did i stay when i visited new york in 2001, which was like a gazillion years ago to me.

or plan to throw me inside the swimming pool.


...ed

No comments: