Thursday, July 02, 2009

the way he makes me feel


i'm overly efficient today. it's just 3pm and i'm proud to say i've finished my work. not only my work, but my colleague's work too. she's down with fever today.

you know, getting fever today is a big deal. hearing people getting fever is just like hearing an interesting gossip that is worth to be passed around.

because having fever could mean getting the recent H1N1 virus outbreak, and being the first in our company will really make you popular. i bet people would even get jealous, because when else could you rest at home with nobody questioning your mc?

ok even if we do get H1N1, what's the big deal anyway? nobody dies yet, and none even seriously ill. thus, that 7 days quarantine really sounds like a good deal.

so anyway, my fellow colleague is away. actually my boss is away too. he is down with flu. you see, that just showed that i don't mingle with my boss much. either he only concentrates on someone doing more important stuff (read : that colleague of mine that got fever) or he trust me running my own show.

i prefer to think it's the latter. because gosh, i must be on fire since yesterday night when i stayed back late after work despite no overtime pay and no aircond. it really has been awhile since i lend myself top charity like this.

partly i guess because of michael jackson. he might have passed away unexpectedly last week but as far as i'm concern, or most of everybody else's concern for that matter, he's more alive now than ever.

i mean, when else could you have michael jackson's songs and performances played over and over again in pc, mp3 and youtube? i caught few of my collagues watching the history world tour on youtube during lunch break, and i already have michael's songs in rotating list in my mp3 while doing my lab analysis.

something in his songs could lift your spirit up. seriously, give it a listen. instead of feeling down and sleepy after lunch, i got all energetic in the lab humming man in the mirror while checking the leakage current characteristic. even when i'm walking with the way you make me feel plucked in my ears, it's hard not make a little skip or a prompt cool slide down the floor when nobody's looking.

before i know it, my job is done, and my colleague's job is done too. my hands must be unusually fast to keep with smooth criminal's beat. that's what music could do to you. have you seen those filipino prisoners that really got in sync dancing to the thriller? rapers and murderers got hand in hand trying to terrorize this poor lil' man-girl...

ok i still got some time left. maybe i'll go around checking if there's anybody else's jobs lying around to do. i'm already ready to play don't stop till you get enough...



...ed

No comments: