Sunday, October 29, 2006

back in business

i'm home.

i'd thought the one week break would be a tad too long but man, that feels pretty ok. in fact, i had almost wished i have one more day to spare.

it was a usual, annual festive event. or so i thought. only that this time we had a new family member. my brother just got his first son few months back, and boy, what a presense of a baby made to the whole house.

instead of staring at tv screen lazying around wondering what to do, we stared at the baby. awake or asleep.

instead of going out to town wishing to find anything cheap or just buy something not-cheap to just make the trip worth it, we stared at the baby. awake or asleep.

heck i almost feel like i want one. seriously.

except some things are just not within our control. things will be a lot easier if we were a one cell organism that splits to reproduce. whenever we feel like it.

but in real life, they say it always takes two to tango. but what happen when the other one doesn't like dancing? or doesn't even turn up for the session?

that's why the first thing i did when i arrived home from kl, i started surveying what kind of car i would buy. my brother has bought this new naza citra to accomodate his expanding family, and seeing that shiny big blue thing at the porch made me feel like i want one myself too.

because this should be much easier than, you know, getting my own baby. a lot easier.

plus, it felt so uncool going back to my grandpa's house tagging in my parent's car. like i'm such an uncomplished person or sth.

my friend said that i must stop wanting what other ppl have. i don't think i'm that bad actually. i mean, it's normal to want a baby at this age, right? and a car too. what, i'm supposed to commute all my life?

and it's really not my fault that i saw my colleague using his super big and pro digital camera snapping photos during my other colleague's wedding few weeks back, saw the superb photos, then almost automatically felt that i could give my own crappy camera to my sister and buy a new, good one for myself.

so forgive me when i bought a canon powershot G7 for myself today. it's a good buy really. the mscolour lady in ang mo kio gave me e-quote price of $822, and that camera is like on top of few rankings in the internet.

plus, it's still so much easier then, again, getting a baby.



...ed

No comments: