Wednesday, September 27, 2006

i'm not dead


i went all the way to orchard borders during lunch time today. tried to get hold of this particular book, 'hegemony or survival' by noam chomsky.

for those who followed the UN meeting in new york recently, or at least those who read world news and know what's happening outside their houses, would know that the venezuelan president hugo chavez hold this book while condemning george w bush in his main speech.

the book was sold out.

ok to be honest, it was a bit unexpected. i always thought s'poreans are too involved in their everyday lives to even care. i mean, my colleagues didn't even know there was such a meeting going on. i expect, had i probed further i could find ppl who doesn't even know what 'venezuela' is.

anyway, guess i just have to check back in few weeks time. what i could do to remind me then is just to write it down my calender in my new hp ipaq 6828.

pda phone is soo useful. not that my previous samsung E720 didn't have this function, but let's face it it's so much easier to enter appointments this time round using the pda's window interface.

it's a bit more expensive than i normally spend on a handphone, but to my defence, this is like buying a handphone and a pda together. 2 in 1. plus, my fellow colleague who joined in about the same time as me was using it already. and he got promoted to principle. he must have been doing sth right, right?

not that i'm dead keen to follow current trends. i still believe i have my own principles. my own likes and dislikes. i mean, heard of snow petrol? they might be famous and hip nowadays but i don't even like them.

talk about following the flow...

i still prefer what ppl would call 'lame' artists like (urghh) mariah carey. let's face it her latest album rocks. i like pink's i'm not dead album too. and that teddy geiger's debut. after all, it's the music that matters, whether it can catch my attention or not.

and in case of this 'hegemony' book, it was being recommended by someone who called the american president 'the devil' in the middle of world stage, watched by millions.

he must be someone who really know his stuff.



...ed

No comments: